Sunday 13 October 2013

Yet another project!

After being away in Canberra and only working on the one project really for 3 weeks I needed a change... yes, my attention span on the one project is rather limited!! So when I got back I decided to pull out yet another unfinished project I occasionally work on. Leanne Beasley's couch companion:


I really liked the colours in the stitchery that Leanne Beasley used in the original so mainly stuck to the same, just chose what looked similar from my existing collection of DMC threads, and matched the fabric I plan to use. The main difference is that my 'button' flowers are two shades of orange rather than light pink, and my tulips are a deep red rather than dark pink.

I stitched the pincushion component that goes on the inside about a year ago:


And am now slowly but surely am working on the outside flap...


Still about five tulips to stitch and then I need to commence on the brown flowers... and then to stitch it all up. I'll see how I go finishing this before the end of the year, although knowing me it may very well get put back in the UFO pile. Fingers crossed I keep up the enthusiasm for it though, would love to share another finish on this blog soon!

Until next time x

3 comments:

  1. Looks lovely Tash. It was lovely to catch up with you in Canberra recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Your stitching is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, so neat :)

    ReplyDelete