Sunday 19 May 2013

A birthday gift for my Mum

Just before my trip to Australia it was my Mum's birthday. She knew about her main gift from me quite a while back - a plane ticket to come and visit me here in Bali, but I decided to make her a little something to send down. Of course I needed to wait for her to receive it before I could even tell you I had this little project on the go!

To compliment her 'plane ticket' gift, I decided to make her a passport/ticket holder. I used Anni Down's pattern from her book 'Some Kind of Wonderful'. Here is the finished product:



I altered it a little, changing the country names on the suitcase from Anni's original, and adding Mum's initials to the suitcase tag:


It's nice to see it in use too, with Mum currently here visiting (using her main gift!) with her friend Judy. But more on their visit later...

Until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment